Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Rookie Admin-Mod installation guide
BeitragVerfasst: 16.09.2012, 17:05 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdl5XFSJ ... plpp_video

BeitragVerfasst: 16.09.2012, 22:06 
AM.de Team

Hallo,

danke für die Anleitung. Allerdings fehlt bei mir der Sound. Das Thema amv_enable_beta “menu1” war jedoch nicht ganz richtig. Am Ende müsste es admin_cmd heißen, admin_reload allein in der Serverkonsole dürfte nicht ausreichend sein.

BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2012, 11:10 

Yes well I kinda know the amv_enable_beta menu1 was unstable many years ago. (Sorry my German isn't 100% good)

Also to the browsers watching and reading this: if you have a Intel 64-bit chipset, you will need a ia32-lib package for your Linux HLDS as most of the CS 1.6 or HL1 engines are 32-bit executable but the ia32-lib will resolve it.

Another thing I know if you use complie.sh in a Intel x86_64 is you will get amx64 binaries and they only work for AMD64 Linux servers, I believe.

http://sourceforge.net/project/shownote ... _id=262383

BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2012, 16:12 
AM.de Team

Well, it was thought to be unstable, but everybody was using it and it was rock stable.

About the 64bit problem I don't know. Never had a 64bit server. But it sounds plausible. The only thing we are aware of is the SSE3 requirement for the HL1 server which was introduced without notice by Valve. But this could be handled by replacing a file. But in the end, this is not really AM related.

BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2012, 12:08 

Well I'm trying to explore some things on AdminMod's useful abilities back in 2002, but I got sidetracked back at university. Personally I'm not a big fan of AMXX because of it not designed and coded for slow or old servers, but I use AdminMod for other purposes like on HL1 mods due to AMXX GUI that crash with the GUI menu like amxmodmenu in HL:FireArms and other mods that hate GUI menus.

Also I cannot seem to find the AdminMod source code files. I don't know if you got the AdminMod source C/C++ codes in a zip somewhere.

I've been making unique modifications to the plugins and codes to make it more exicting and well organised. I had a few friends who been asking me how to install AdminMod and enabling it - which is 89% reason why I produced this video above to help them illustrate it for them to understand in PC dummy terms.

And yes I do have a Linux x86_64 Hex Core server and I realised I have to add "-32" when compiling the sma source codes in the terminal to avoid it compiled into amx64 binaries as the compiler got misled as my server is a AMD64.

As for the plugin_base and plugin_fun plugins, I've added a few more colour palates as the original didn't have many colours available. So I added orange, cyan etc.

BeitragVerfasst: 22.09.2012, 16:42 
AM.de Team

The unstability is strange as the menu code was shared by OLO. Although I have no clue whether someone optimized the code after that.

Anyway, the source code of Admin Mod is available via SourceForge (http://halflifeadmin.cvs.sourceforge.ne ... lifeadmin/). Nicely, you don't have to use CVS anymore. You can download the directories by clicking on the GNU tarball link below each directory.

From my knowledge it is not too easy to compile.